See Pompeii, the buried city, and discover how was life in Roman times thanks to our knowledgeable and experienced tour guide, who takes you to the most interesting sites of this ancient city.
- Group tour
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child Ages 4 - 17
- Infant Ages 0 - 3
- Private Tour
- Starting Price
A Guided Pompeii Journey Back to the Roman Empire
- The great theatre
- The small theatre
- The House of Menander
- The Pleasure Houses
- The best local tour guides in Pompeii take you through a fascinating journey back to the Roman Empire, when Pompeii and the Vesuvius Volcano area was the most beautiful resort in Italy.
- This 2.5-hour tour includes the highlights of Pompeii: the theatre, the thermal baths, the rich Domus, the Gladiators’ Gym, the fountains, the Forum, the mills, and much more.
- You don’t have to stand in lines, and you can ask the guide anytime to show you something more to customize your tour to your needs and wishes!
- In 79 AD, this historic city fell victim to an eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, and the thriving metropolis was no more. To visit these world-renowned ruins is to experience life as it once was, on the shores of the Bay of Naples, in the early Empire. First, we visit the theatre to imagine comedies and tragedies that played out upon the stage.
- Next, it’s on to the ornate thermal baths, with their dressing rooms, baths, toilets and athletic fields. These early health clubs were truly ahead of their time. The streets of Pompeii were alive with purveyors of food, clothing and slaves. We visit wine cellars, restaurants and bars.
- We compare prices and learn about rare vintage recipes as we imagine life in this bustling metropolis of old. We admire the ancient barracks, domain of gladiators and the infamous red-light district…
- No trip to Pompeii would be complete without a stop in the Forum. The awe-inspiring domain of priests and temples, politicians and public buildings, this is where art, philosophy, theology and economics of Pompeian culture meld.
- Our tour is unique. There is no waiting in line for entrance to the historic ruins of Pompeii, and you have a private guide.
- The small group tour is in English. Options in French, Spanish, German or Italian available during the week.
- The private tour can be in English, German, Spanish, French and Italian.
- The tour takes places rain or shine.
- Comfortable shoes and a hat are recommended. You will actually walk on lava rock!
- All ages and fitness levels are welcome.
- Meeting place to be determined upon booking.
- Skip-the-line tickets are included in the price