The best local tour guides in Pompeii take you through a fascinating journey back to the Roman Empire, when Pompeii and the Vesuvius Volcano area was the most beautiful resort in Italy.
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child Ages 4 - 17
- Infant Ages 0 - 3
- Private Tour Starting From (for 2 people)
The Most Fascinating Tours of Herculaneum, Italy
- At the time of the eruption of Vesuvius, Herculaneum was overwhelmed by a flood of mud and volcanic debris, unlike Pompeii, which was buried under a rain of ash and lava.
- When they solidified, they started to preserve, much better than at Pompeii, the tops of buildings as well as all organic materials, like wood, fabrics, remnants of food, etc., so it offers us a unique insight into the private lives of Ancient Romans.
- We take you to the most fascinating sites of Herculaneum. You visit the Basilica, the House of Neptune & Amphitrite, the Thermal Spas of the Forum, the House of the Deer, the Palestra, the Forum and much more.
- The tour takes a bit more than two hours.
- The small group tour is in English
- The private tour can be in English, German, Spanish, French and Italian.
- The tour takes place rain or shine.
- Comfortable shoes and a hat are recommended. You will actually walk on lava rock!
- All ages and fitness levels are welcome.
- Meeting place to be determined upon booking.
- You will not be standing in the entrance line, and you will have a great guide only for you!
- Skip-the-line tickets are included in the price.